Proposing bugprone-forward-declaration-namespace clang-tidy check

Miyoung Shin

Jan 10, 2024, 8:01:52 AMJan 10
to cxx

Hello folks,

I propose enabling the bugprone-forward-declaration-namespace clang-tidy lint. A survey of existing instances is at here.

This catches mostly the use of incorrect namespaces, or unused forward declarations.

Feedback appreciated! If there are no objections in a week, I’ll go ahead and enable.

Thanks,

Miyoung Shin

Avi Drissman

Jan 10, 2024, 10:45:49 AMJan 10
to Miyoung Shin, cxx
This looks like a reasonable thing to catch, and it seems like there weren't any false positives, so I would agree to enable it.

Miyoung Shin

Jan 16, 2024, 8:55:50 PMJan 16
to cxx, cxx
It seems that there is no objections about this check and I will start enabling this check and fixing the warnings.
If you have any comments, please let me know.
2024년 1월 11일 목요일 오전 12시 45분 49초 UTC+9에 a...@google.com님이 작성: