URGENT: Production SDK with long tail uses v2 API

Udi Ben Senior

Feb 15, 2023, 10:25:27 AM2/15/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy
Hi CT team,
We have an SDK on production that uses 3rd party libraries that are still using v2 API.
Android: "com.appmattus.certificatetransparency:certificatetransparency-android:1.1.1"
Windows: "Cats.CertificateTransparency" Version="2.0.0"
Since we provide an SDK, there's a long customer tail for updating their applications with a new CT library, once it is released.
This issue hit us by surprise, I kindly request to resurrect V2 API for 90 more days, this is extremely urgent as we have millions of users that currently cannot use our SDK.

This will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Udi

Roger Ng

Feb 16, 2023, 5:52:38 PM2/16/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy, Udi Ben Senior
Hi Udi,

The v2 log list files are temporarily back to minimise the impact. The Cats.CertificateTransparency SDK dependency on log list has been upgraded from v2 to v3 in v2.1.0. Please apply the workaround for appmattus/certificatetransparency library and upgrade to use v2.1.0 for Cats.CertificateTransparency.

Cheers,
Roger