Examples of SCT delivered via a TLS extension or OCSP response?

Ivan Ristic

Mar 20, 2015, 7:43:36 AM3/20/15
to ct-p...@chromium.org
I am adding detection of SCT to SSL Labs. I see that at least some new EV certificates contain embedded SCTs, but are there any known deployments using TLS extensions and OCSP responses as delivery vehicles? Thanks.

Rob Stradling

Mar 20, 2015, 7:52:32 AM3/20/15
to Ivan Ristic, ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi Ivan.

ritter.vg:443 currently sends SCTs in both the
signed_certificate_timestamp TLS extension and in stapled OCSP responses.
See also https://ritter.vg/blog-require_certificate_transparency.html

sslanalyzer.comodoca.com:443 currently sends SCTs in stapled OCSP responses.

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

Tom Ritter

Mar 20, 2015, 11:54:25 AM3/20/15
to Rob Stradling, Ivan Ristic, ct-p...@chromium.org
Thanks Rob!

LMK if you have any problems. A site running on the same server
(crypto.is) also supplies via TLS and OCSP, and if needed I should be
able to go in and disable OCSP stapling entirely (for a few days) on
one of them to give another test case.

-tom
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/ct-policy/550C09FD.9080402%40gmail.com.

Ivan Ristic

Apr 15, 2015, 5:34:43 AM4/15/15
to Tom Ritter, Rob Stradling, ct-p...@chromium.org
Thank you, Rob and Tom. That was very helpful.

I've now added detection of SCTs (all three locations) to the development version of SSL Labs:

    https://dev.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=ritter.vg
    https://dev.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=sslanalyzer.comodoca.com
    https://dev.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=digicert.com

There's currently no validation; I will add it at some point in the future.

--
Ivan

Rob Stradling

Apr 15, 2015, 6:01:30 AM4/15/15