Sectigo Mammoth not serving STHs

pau ros

Dec 22, 2022, 4:15:53 AM12/22/22
to Certificate Transparency Policy
Hello,

Sectigo's mammoth log (mammoth.ct.comodo.com) has been returning 502 to get-sth requests since about 5 AM UTC

Pierre Phaneuf

Dec 22, 2022, 6:03:26 AM12/22/22
to Certificate Transparency Policy

Martijn Katerbarg

Dec 22, 2022, 9:54:58 AM12/22/22
to Certificate Transparency Policy, Pierre Phaneuf
All,

Just letting you know that the Sectigo CT Ops team is aware of this fact and working on resolving it.

Regards,

Martijn
Sectigo

Kurt Roeckx

Jan 11, 2023, 3:53:13 PM1/11/23
to Martijn Katerbarg, Certificate Transparency Policy, Pierre Phaneuf
Hi,

It seems to be returning 502's again for the past 10 hours.

Kurt
> > <https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/ct-policy/369b4571-af58-4f0e-9df2-96e82d72d07an%40chromium.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

Andrew Gabbitas

Jan 12, 2023, 2:09:40 PM1/12/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy, Kurt Roeckx, Certificate Transparency Policy, Pierre Phaneuf, Martijn Katerbarg
It looks like Mammoth has been down to all traffic for about 30 hours now. Does anyone have a status update on the incident?

#hugops

- Andrew

David Colon

Jan 13, 2023, 4:07:20 PM1/13/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy, agab...@letsencrypt.org, Kurt Roeckx, Certificate Transparency Policy, Pierre Phaneuf, Martijn Katerbarg
Hello,

Mammoth has not had any joy in staying up lately (when it does finally recover, it only is stable for a couple hours at best).  As a result, I've announced changes we are going to make Mammoth today.  Please follow this thread here: https://groups.google.com/u/3/a/chromium.org/g/ct-policy/c/08OhajDMl_I

Andrew Gabbitas

Jan 13, 2023, 5:49:30 PM1/13/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy, David Colon, Andrew Gabbitas, Kurt Roeckx, Certificate Transparency Policy, Pierre Phaneuf, Martijn Katerbarg
Thanks for the update David!

Best wishes for your plan going forward.

[Signature Live]

Jan 14, 2023, 10:30:59 AM1/14/23
to Certificate Transparency Policy, pau ros

Andrew Ayer

Jan 20, 2023, 1:08:16 PM1/20/23
to ct-p...@chromium.org, ct...@sectigo.com, Martijn Katerbarg
Can Sectigo provide an update about this?

This log is currently in a harmful state in which it is continuing to
occasionally accept certificates and issue SCTs, but not making log
entries available to monitors. Indeed, I'm currently seeing several
hundred SCTs from this log whose corresponding entries haven't been
made available for over 36 hours.

To stop further bleeding, this log should be made read-only until the
incident can be resolved.

Regards,
Andrew

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 11:09:40 -0800 (PST)
"'Andrew Gabbitas' via Certificate Transparency Policy"
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/ct-policy/977066be-38fb-4e4f-b16e-7da1019b53dbn%40chromium.org.

Emily Stark

Jan 20, 2023, 1:09:32 PM1/20/23
to Andrew Ayer, ct-p...@chromium.org, ct...@sectigo.com, Martijn Katerbarg
(Sorry all -- Andrew's messages have been getting caught in spam filters for some reason, and I just noticed and let a few out of moderation jail. I'll see if I can figure out why this is happening...)