Inquiry about the crosvm snapshot feature

Evider Sun

Apr 23, 2023, 7:37:01 AM4/23/23
to crosvm-dev
Hello crosvm team,

I recently noticed that you have added a snapshot feature to crosvm, although it is not fully implemented yet. I am thrilled about this feature and would like to use it for testing Android apps. I was wondering if you could provide more information on the roadmap for the snapshot feature. What are your plans and goals for it in the coming weeks or months? Any details you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your hard work on crosvm; I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
Shaojie

Guan Zhang

Apr 27, 2023, 1:08:03 PM4/27/23
to crosvm-dev, Evider Sun
Hello:

Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread but am curious what your host platform is for using crosvm to run Android apps. I am also interested in doing this and just wanted to confirm what is currently possible. I have successfully built crosvm and run a Linux VM under Rocky Linux 9.1 host and my next tests will be to run a Android VM but ultimately I would like to build on Windows and run crosvm there.

Thanks!

Steven Moreland

Apr 27, 2023, 1:43:09 PM4/27/23
to Guan Zhang, crosvm-dev, Evider Sun
hi. This feature is currently in development, and it does not work for Android yet. Please stay tuned for any updates at:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/crosvm-announce/