prcess_snapshot.h for Windows?

Ethan Liu

Feb 22, 2023, 12:12:24 PM2/22/23
to Crashpad-dev
hi,
    We would like to use the annotationsSimpleMap() declared in process_snapshot.h. But the header files included there (sys/time.h and sys/type.h) breaks Windows build.
    Will it get fixed or are there any workarounds? Thanks!

Mark Mentovai

Feb 27, 2023, 10:59:59 AM2/27/23
to Ethan Liu, Crashpad-dev
We use process_snapshot.h on Windows without trouble.

It sounds like you’re not using Crashpad’s build, but something hand-rolled. If you follow the example of Crashpad’s own build, you’ll see the “compat” mechanism. When targeting Windows, we’d have compat/win in the #include path.