Is this check needed?

Matthew Spelman

Feb 23, 2023, 2:11:44 PM2/23/23
to Crashpad-dev
https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:third_party/crashpad/crashpad/client/crashpad_client_linux.cc;l=451;drc=ca6066aa89b3a11f92f5587c83b43a22da8c6d6b;bpv=1;bpt=1

DCHECK(!asynchronous_start);

This prevents true from being passed as the value for the asynchronous_start parameter on Linux, but from what I can see, this parameter isn't used on Linux anyway, so it shouldn't matter what the value is. The documentation says that "This option is only used on Windows", so I'd expect the handling of this value to be the same as the "restartable" parameter, which is simply ignored (which is also consistent with its documentation).

Joshua Peraza

Feb 23, 2023, 6:38:26 PM2/23/23
to Matthew Spelman, Crashpad-dev
Nothing bad will happen if you remove it. It is only to bring attention to it's not being supported in case it was mistakenly set.

Matthew Spelman

Feb 23, 2023, 7:27:31 PM2/23/23
to Crashpad-dev, Joshua Peraza, Crashpad-dev, Matthew Spelman
Thanks for clarifying!