Why is libbase.so used when building a no_default_deps target?

matt...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2020, 5:17:34 PM3/18/20
to Clang maintainers
Hi there,

(Apologies for the cross-post from chromium-dev, wasn't sure which forum I should be using)

I created a new shared library target and I'm compiling it without any of the standard deps and config, i.e:

shared_library("test") {
  sources = [ "main.cc" ]
  no_default_deps = true
  configs = []
  cflags = [ "-fPIC" ]
}

The cxx and solink commands look as expected, but I noticed when setting a breakpoint in the code for the shared library that libbase.so appears in the thread backtrace.

Any ideas why this is occurring, and how I can make the `test` target to use only source sets (i.e. make it so that it never dynamically loads libraries at runtime)

Thanks!

Bruce Dawson

Mar 18, 2020, 6:57:01 PM3/18/20
to matt...@gmail.com, Clang maintainers