Material Guidelines - Typography

Jennifer Apacible

Jul 15, 2015, 11:08:39 PM7/15/15
to chromium...@chromium.org
Hi,

I was looking at the material design typography page and had a few questions.

- Are we planning on following the Roboto/Noto/sans-serif font stack?
- Is i18n relevant for the font stack, especially with "tall"/"dense" language scripts?
- "Noto is also the standard typeface for all languages on Chrome OS." How does this affect general browser (not chrome os specific) work?

Thanks!

Jennifer Apacible

Jul 17, 2015, 12:06:29 PM7/17/15
to chromium...@chromium.org, apac...@chromium.org, Michael Giuffrida, Jeremy Klein
+michaelpg, jlklein

Is this something that we should just bring up with Chrome UX?

Jeremy Klein

Jul 17, 2015, 1:03:04 PM7/17/15
to Jennifer Apacible, chromium...@chromium.org, Michael Giuffrida
Yeah, that seems like the right plan. I'm not sure what the Chrome-wide strategy is for typography.

- Jeremy

Michael Giuffrida

Jul 17, 2015, 1:37:13 PM7/17/15
to Jeremy Klein, chromium...@chromium.org, apac...@chromium.org, Cody Sielawa