size of dev tarball increased by 167MB

Olivier Tilloy

Dec 4, 2019, 5:16:09 AM12/4/19
to chromium-packagers
Hi chromium packagers,

I just noticed that between chromium-80.0.3970.5.tar.xz and
chromium-80.0.3983.2.tar.xz the size of the tarball went from 754MB to
921MB. That's a 167MB increase. I haven't investigated further, so I
don't know what's responsible for this increase, but it looks
suspicious to me. Something that should be excluded at tarball
creation time, maybe?

Cheers,

Olivier

Kubo Da Costa, Raphael

Dec 4, 2019, 6:09:18 AM12/4/19
to chromium-...@chromium.org
The difference seems to be in the third_party/jdk directory, which grew
353M in uncompressed size.

The cause is
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1922732,
which made the Linux checkout fetch a copy of the JDK.

I guess the easiest solution is to skip the new directories in
export_tarball.py.

Kubo Da Costa, Raphael

Dec 4, 2019, 6:29:41 AM12/4/19
to chromium-...@chromium.org
On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 11:09 +0000, Kubo Da Costa, Raphael wrote:
> I guess the easiest solution is to skip the new directories in
> export_tarball.py.

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/tools/build/+/1950343

Olivier Tilloy

Dec 4, 2019, 9:01:51 AM12/4/19