a few things:
(1) i think you're mixing up cause/effect here. most likely it isn't the crashes causing the "os is damaged" screen to appear, but the hardware disconnects are causing the crashes & os damaged screen. software cannot fix misbehaving hardware (if that is the source of your problems).
(2) this list is not an "official" support channel ... it's about discussing Chromium OS. if you want official support, then you should be following the support page:
(3) since this isn't an official support channel, you won't get official answers, by design.
(4) Google is not Acer. asking for hardware support from Google for Acer products doesn't make much sense. if you have a concern with your Acer product, feel free to contact Acer about it. that includes concerns that the device might be broken.
(5) companies selling Chrome OS devices, such as Acer, have warranties & RMA processes to help resolve possible hardware issues.
hope that helps