App automation with ChromeOS

Trijwal R

Jun 13, 2024, 10:01:56 AMJun 13
to ChromiumOS Discussion
Hi all. So, we have a chrome app which we want to automate. This application runs on both Chrome OS as well as html client. We are using headless chromium browser for running automations through our pipeline. I was wondering if we could do something similar for chrome OS as well. Any inputs on ways to automate an application that runs on Chrome OS will be very useful.

Keith I Myers

Jun 13, 2024, 10:24:31 AMJun 13
to trij...@cloud.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
If you have a Chrome OS device that has Linux support enabled, you can use selenium or puppeteer. I have successfully automated several tasks with this approach. There are also several chrome extensions that can be used to automate actions in the browser such as PixieBrix.