Exporting Files

games ga304

Jun 17, 2024, 8:47:02 AMJun 17
to ChromiumOS Discussion
Hi all. I was wondering if it is posible to export files from the Developer Console.
Also i dont mean the shell from crosh but the [ Ctrl ] [ Alt ] [ → ], but is there any way to export files from there to a folder you can access from the normal Files App?

Mike Frysinger

Jun 17, 2024, 8:48:46 AMJun 17
to games...@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
what is "the Developer Console" ?  can you please provide a screenshot for context ?
-mike

On Mon, Jun 17, 2024 at 8:47 AM games ga304 <games...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all. I was wondering if it is posible to export files from the Developer Console.
Also i dont mean the shell from crosh but the [ Ctrl ] [ Alt ] [ → ], but is there any way to export files from there to a folder you can access from the normal Files App?

david....@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2024, 8:57:56 AMJun 17
to ChromiumOS Discussion, ChromiumOS Discussion

You should be able to find something usable under /media
Under /media/removable you can access external USB drives or under /media/fuse you will be able to access internal storage

Denny Lockhart

Jun 17, 2024, 11:43:18 AMJun 17
to david....@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
Also, if you first sign-in to your profile then open the Developer Console on VT-2 and login in as chronos your ~/Downloads folder and other profile folders are accessible.

~DennyL

games ga304

Jun 18, 2024, 7:36:00 AMJun 18
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Denny Lockhart, ChromiumOS Discussion, david....@gmail.com
I just went ahead and made another account on my device, but i am not able to find where the files are located for the user, i also tried using the find command.
Also i figured out how to copy files with the cp command.

games ga304

Jun 18, 2024, 7:36:01 AMJun 18
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion, games...@gmail.com
The Developer Console is what you get when typing shell in crosh while being in developer mode. and when done should result in this.Screenshot 2024-06-18 9.31.47 AM.png

DennisLfromGA

Jun 18, 2024, 10:05:38 AMJun 18
to ChromiumOS Discussion, games ga304, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion
games ga304,

Actually, your screenshot is a crosh shell session.

The 'Developer Console' is accessed via Ctrl+Alt+Refresh(F2), as you described above, and is a login shell session as shown below:

PXL_20240618_135759584.jpg

~DennyL

François Degros

Jun 18, 2024, 8:13:50 PMJun 18
to games...@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion, Denny Lockhart, david....@gmail.com
Also, if you first sign-in to your profile then open the Developer Console on VT-2 and login in as chronos your ~/Downloads folder and other profile folders are accessible.

The user-accessible files are in ~/MyFiles. The Downloads folder is ~/MyFiles/Downloads.
Please do not use ~/Downloads anymore, even if this folder still exists on your device. Prefer ~/MyFiles/Downloads.

games ga304

Jun 20, 2024, 9:00:02 AM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to ChromiumOS Discussion, DennisLfromGA, games ga304, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion
Yes that is true but the Crosh shell also does the same just not having sudo permisions as a default. So the diference is small.

DennisLfromGA

Jun 20, 2024, 12:13:03 PM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to ChromiumOS Discussion, games ga304, DennisLfromGA, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion
games ga304,

> Yes that is true but the Crosh shell also does the same just not having sudo permisions as a default. So the diference is small.

It may be small for some but not for the many dev mode users that relied on elevated permissions for things like crouton, etc.

~DennyL