Help to Reinstall Chrome Os on Acer Chromebook 15

Nameless Ghoul95

Apr 1, 2018, 10:38:29 AM4/1/18
to Chromium OS discuss
Greetings, I have an issue, I have an Acer Chromebook 15, my brother tried to install Windows 10 lite on it, but he can't and formated the hard drive, now I want to reinstall Chrome Os but  I don't know how.

He told me that to do everything he did, first he removed the BIOS protect screw, and then enabled the Developer Mode. then on the prompt he wrote:

           cd ~; curl -L -O https://coolstar.org/chromebook/setup-firmware.sh && sudo bash setup-firmware.sh

then he selected an option "Install/Update full ROM Firmware"

and then he told me he got a boot USB with windows and before to shut it down, he plugged in it, and nothing happened.

I need help to Install Chrome Os on my Acer, help me please.

Keith I Myers

Apr 1, 2018, 10:49:53 AM4/1/18
to hecto...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
You should be able to create a recovery disk with the instructions here - https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en

That should get you to factory

Keith I Myers
https://Kiddie.Networks - Cheap Web Hosting Services ran by kids

Message has been deleted

DennisLfromGA

Apr 1, 2018, 11:48:31 AM4/1/18
to Chromium OS discuss
Nameless,

You'll have to go through that same procedure again:

cd ~; curl -L -O https://coolstar.org/chromebook/setup-firmware.sh && sudo bash setup-firmware.sh

But this time when you're presented with the menu choose: Restore Stock Firmware

Then you'll be able to use a recovery image to restore your device.

I would also suggest that you replace the r-w protect screw so there's no chance of the BIOS being overwritten again.

~Denny
Message has been deleted

Nameless Ghoul95

Apr 1, 2018, 11:56:34 AM4/1/18
to Chromium OS discuss
Hi denny, the problem is that i can't go into the Chrome Os, it doesn't run, it stucks in a black screen, and i did what Keith told me, but  shows a message of google that says "your system is repairing itself. Please wait" and a corner from above, shows a 5 minutes countdown, when it ends, the machine turn off and restart itself again and again. What else can I do?

DennisLfromGA

Apr 1, 2018, 12:10:23 PM4/1/18
to Chromium OS discuss
Nameless,

You may be able to boot Chromium OS / Cloudready / FlintOS externally and then run the scripts in a chroot.
However, I think I would try to get support on Coolstar's subreddit: r/chrultrabook/

~Denny

Nameless Ghoul95

Apr 1, 2018, 12:14:25 PM4/1/18
to Chromium OS discuss
Thanks Denny, I'll try to boot cloudready to run the scripts you told me before.