Audio/Mic on Pixelbook Getting Killed - probably OS killing process

Phil V

May 12, 2022, 5:48:20 PM5/12/22
to Chromium OS Discussion
I think perhaps the OS is killing some process that makes the microphone work. I use this Pixelbook in a way that creates a lot of CPU and perhaps Memory pressure. OS is probably killing processes to free resources, but should not kill the microphone process! I have to restart the machine to get it working again.

Sometimes the microphone simply goes into a feedback loop rather than getting killed all the way. Perhaps there are more than one processes in that case.

This is not good. Can it be fixed? I cannot join meetings on time because of this issue.

Thanks!
Phil

Ayane Satomi

Aug 5, 2022, 3:27:25 AM8/5/22
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Phil V
I don't think this is how process management in Linux work in general, since services by definition must stay up, so it will kill foreground processes first that is eating more memory than it should

Ayane