is there a way to execute apps in the /home directory?

itisme

May 31, 2022, 5:32:04 PM5/31/22
to ChromiumOS Discussion
I know chromium os blocks execution from the /home directory. Is there a way to fix that?

Mike Frysinger

May 31, 2022, 5:33:34 PM5/31/22
to trevor....@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
use /usr/local instead
-mike

On Tue, May 31, 2022, 17:32 itisme <trevor....@gmail.com> wrote:
I know chromium os blocks execution from the /home directory. Is there a way to fix that?

Mike Frysinger

May 31, 2022, 5:48:53 PM5/31/22
to itisme, ChromiumOS Discussion
maybe you want to be running Ubuntu instead?

On Tue, May 31, 2022, 17:36 itisme <trevor....@gmail.com> wrote:
yeah but i don't wanna move it to /usr/local
any ideas?

itisme

May 31, 2022, 5:48:59 PM5/31/22
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion, itisme