Are there new ACL access control list on the choromiumos file system?

CqN on ChromiumOS v96

Jul 28, 2022, 10:47:33 PMJul 28
to ChromiumOS Discussion
I have seen a dot ('.') on files and folders after the mode bit indicators.  I understand this is and additional layer of protection through access control lists.  Where can I learn more about its features and implementation?   Has this come to Chromium Os also? That is, is the ACL exclusive to ChromeOSFlex only?

Mike Frysinger

Jul 29, 2022, 6:46:12 AMJul 29
to 2chack...@scionix.org, ChromiumOS Discussion
pretty sure it's just indicating SELinux labels exist on the paths.  use -Z to see the extra settings.  this is not CrOS specific.
-mike

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 10:47 PM CqN on ChromiumOS v96 <2chack...@scionix.org> wrote:
I have seen a dot ('.') on files and folders after the mode bit indicators.  I understand this is and additional layer of protection through access control lists.  Where can I learn more about its features and implementation?   Has this come to Chromium Os also? That is, is the ACL exclusive to ChromeOSFlex only?

CqN on ChromiumOS v96

Jul 29, 2022, 6:15:48 PMJul 29
to ChromiumOS Discussion, vap...@chromium.org, ChromiumOS Discussion, CqN on ChromiumOS v96
Thank you. Yes with -Z it shows additional
u:object_r:unlabeled:s0
pretty much on all files.  I do not know how to interpret it.

Ok, it may be "just indicating SELinux labels exist on the paths" as you say.  However this started appearing only relatively recently after CloudReady versions changed to ChromeOSFlex, I think.  Your views?

Mike Frysinger

Jul 29, 2022, 7:12:32 PMJul 29
to CqN on ChromiumOS v96, ChromiumOS Discussion
CrOS hasn't always had selinux support. i can't speak to what versions of CrOS cloud ready was based on. the point of Flex is to stay up to date with current CrOS versions.

i wouldn't really be concerned by it.
-mike