Is there a way to start Lacros in safe mode?

david....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2024, 11:19:16 AMMar 27
to ChromiumOS Discussion
I have st Lacros as the only browser and I occasionally after an update a flag I am using causes the browser to not start. That forces me to powerwash and set up again. I am using a number of flags and I would like to track down the flag(s) that create this issue. Much easier to not have to powerwash multiple times 😁 Is there a way to launch Lacros in safe mode or can I edit or remove a file that contains the flag information. I am in developer mode

Mike Frysinger

Mar 27, 2024, 3:33:06 PMMar 27
to david....@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
there is no official way of doing this.

i don't think you need to powerwash -- just delete the account from the main login screen.

if you want to avoid even that, if you're in dev mode, you can prob hand edit the profile state to drop flags.  searching "chrome flag file" suggests some results that prob help.
-mike

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 11:19 AM david....@gmail.com <david....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have st Lacros as the only browser and I occasionally after an update a flag I am using causes the browser to not start. That forces me to powerwash and set up again. I am using a number of flags and I would like to track down the flag(s) that create this issue. Much easier to not have to powerwash multiple times 😁 Is there a way to launch Lacros in safe mode or can I edit or remove a file that contains the flag information. I am in developer mode

Nom De Plume

Mar 28, 2024, 4:36:23 PMMar 28
to Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion
Many thanks. For future reference, should anyone find this, I did end up hand editing the Local State file. It is a json file and from the crosh shell using vi I was not able to maneuver through the file but could search and replace.