Installing Linux on a Chromebook?

Kyle Garzon

May 28, 2024, 10:28:00 AMMay 28
to ChromiumOS Discussion
Hey ChromiumOS Community!

I've been itching to develop on a Linux machine (that's not a 2GB Raspberry Pi), and I've found that my Chromebook would be a great candidate. I've messed around with Crostini a little, and found that it would suit my needs, but the Chromebook I have simply doesn't have enough storage to hold a Linux Container and ChromeOS. So I had a novel idea- just install Ubuntu rather than ChromeOS! (Ironic, I'm turning to the ChromeOS forum to ask how to get rid of ChromeOS...) So... how can I do that? I have a 32 GB SD card that I'd like my linux to run off of, but how can I do so?

Thanks ChromiumOS Wizards!

dismalbread4106 maps (dismalbread4106)

May 28, 2024, 11:19:41 AMMay 28
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Kyle Garzon