Chromium OS won't boot from USB

Daniel Lotz

Feb 28, 2015, 7:25:32 AM2/28/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
When trying to boot from USB, my Laptop just shows 'No operating system found', while another PC of mine manages to boot from the very same USB device.
I have already booted from USB many times and it always works. It seems my Laptop has problems booting from a usb hdd, maybe it can't locate the boot partition?
I already tried using the plop bootmanager to boot, but it didn't work as well.
Do you have any ideas?

Marty Goetting

Mar 1, 2015, 5:52:38 PM3/1/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Which image? 64 or C86

Daniel Lotz

Mar 1, 2015, 6:10:57 PM3/1/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Both. I tried arnoldthebats x86, x86_64 and x86 special builds as well as the old builds by hexxeh, none of them will boot.
I'm not sure whether my notebook has to support EFI oder UEFI in order to boot, because it has the standart legacy bios.

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 11:52:38 PM UTC+1, Marty Goetting wrote:
Which image? 64 or C86

Marty Goetting

Mar 1, 2015, 7:10:02 PM3/1/15
to daniel...@gmail.com, chromium-...@chromium.org
Never had luck on non UEFI systems

Daniel Lotz

Mar 2, 2015, 1:15:00 PM3/2/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org, daniel...@gmail.com
Do you have any ideas on how to boot anyway? Maybe somehow integrate it into the grub bootloader and let grub boot chromium os instead of the bios?