ChromeOS Kiosk App - Filesystem API? Maintain video content between reboots.

Mike J

May 29, 2024, 7:18:10 AMMay 29
to ChromiumOS Discussion
Hi all,

Really keen to use ChromeOS in Kiosk mode a solution.  However before I jump in too deep, I'm trying to figure out whether Chrome is going to be able to save files locally.  The kiosk is unattended, so no user interaction will be possible which is a likely limitation as most file system interactions require a human to initiate it.  My understanding is there was a special API for this in the deprecated ChromeApp framework...

I need my service worker to be able to download videos to local storage for local playback.  If the device goes offline, previously downloaded videos should playback, even after a reboot.  Is this possible?

Alternatively, would the caching mechanisms described at the following URL persist between reboots? https://chromeos.dev/en/kiosk/managing-video-storage-on-the-web