Display port, virtual desktop

Hakatit

Apr 25, 2022, 8:59:43 PMApr 25
to Chromium OS Discussion
I've been digging through the OS, Chrome OS to be specific, trying to understand how Frecon/Ozone  uses DRM/KMS to create the additional desktop. From what I can tell, when a DisplayPort device is plugged in, the Monitor reports it's description and then the driver for EDVI take it and the connector is created.
My goal would be to create an app or Switch in the driver, to enable the virtual desktop (similar to XVFB or other X11 methods). From what I see in the system, it is hard coded, limited to three total displays, the built in and two DP external.
Any suggestions on how this would be done with Chrome(ium) OS DRM/KMS systems?