how do I add systemd to my chromebook?

Ashton Drye

Mar 30, 2024, 1:36:16 PMMar 30
to ChromiumOS Discussion
how to I intregrate systemd onto chromeos?

Mike Frysinger

Mar 30, 2024, 4:05:26 PMMar 30
to ask...@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion
add it where exactly ?
-mike

On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 1:36 PM Ashton Drye <ask...@gmail.com> wrote:
how to I intregrate systemd onto chromeos?

Ashton Drye

Apr 9, 2024, 1:50:30 AMApr 9
to ChromiumOS Discussion, Mike Frysinger, ChromiumOS Discussion, ask...@gmail.com
where it is supposed to be

Minori Ayase

Apr 9, 2024, 6:42:01 AMApr 9
to ask...@gmail.com, ChromiumOS Discussion, Mike Frysinger
You should elaborate "where it's supposed to be" here. It can mean many things + CrOS uses Upstart and does not have a reason to use another init system.

Ayase Minori

Minori Ayase

Apr 15, 2024, 8:58:18 AMApr 15
to Ashton Drye, ChromiumOS Discussion, Mike Frysinger
As you may have noticed, dev_install is for development purposes, but it's not actually being used here, as crOS is hardwired to use Upstart.

You may want to check on Gentoo docs if you want to fiddle around with it more (as Gentoo shares a lot of similarities with CrOS).

Ayase Minori

On Sun, Apr 14, 2024 at 11:13 AM Ashton Drye <ask...@gmail.com> wrote:
dev_install adds it

Ashton Drye