Chromebook Chromeos help

Mylez Molo

Jul 26, 2020, 10:55:23 PM7/26/20
to Chromium OS Discussion
I have a lenovo chromebook c330 The processor is 64bit bit the os is 32bit I can't run much apps and I want 64bit... Is there any HELPFUL way to get 64bit os?

Keith I Myers

Jul 26, 2020, 11:07:22 PM7/26/20
to mylez...@sydstu.catholic.edu.au, Chromium OS Discussion
As far as I know, that device does ship with a aarch64 build of ChromOS which is a 64 bit OS

Keith I Myers
http://KMyers.me
Mobile : (305)-929-3475

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020, 10:55 PM 'Mylez Molo' via Chromium OS Discussion <chromium-...@chromium.org> wrote:
I have a lenovo chromebook c330 The processor is 64bit bit the os is 32bit I can't run much apps and I want 64bit... Is there any HELPFUL way to get 64bit os?

Mike Frysinger

Jul 27, 2020, 8:31:43 AM7/27/20
to Keith I Myers, mylez...@sydstu.catholic.edu.au, Chromium OS Discussion
assuming this is the device "hana", the kernel is already 64-bit (aarch64), but the userland is still 32bit (armv8).  we most likely won't be shipping 64bit aarch64 userland until ~2022 Q3.

based on Mylez's e-mail address, i'm guessing they're trying to run random games or something, so switching it to 64bit most likely wouldn't help in the first place.

Crostini also uses a 64bit kernel w/32bit (armv7) userland currently.  it might be feasible to install a 64bit userland in there ...
-mike

Adrian Céleste

Mike Frysinger