Crosh Untrusted, How to fix

Pirate

Dec 6, 2021, 12:06:49 PM12/6/21
to Chromium OS Discussion
So, Ive seen other users post about how crosh is seen as untrusted, ive been trying to switch to Linux IOS and I kinda NEED crosh for this, I havent seen any beginner friendly guides on how to unblock crosh from chrome, or any at all. For clarification i cannot even look up the keyword crosh without my chrome closing the tab INSTANTLY. the only way I can open crosh is using incognito tabs, my chromebook is personally owned so it cant be administration closing it, I have no idea how to fix this. Im in dev mode so i have no idea why it would be doing this, I cant install Ubuntu using the incognito tabs for some reason.

Mike Frysinger

Dec 6, 2021, 2:06:31 PM12/6/21
to lupis...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Discussion
sorry, but what is the trouble you're having? when you put the device into dev mode and run crosh in guest mode, running `shell` doesn't work?
-mike

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021, 12:06 Pirate <lupis...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, Ive seen other users post about how crosh is seen as untrusted, ive been trying to switch to Linux IOS and I kinda NEED crosh for this, I havent seen any beginner friendly guides on how to unblock crosh from chrome, or any at all. For clarification i cannot even look up the keyword crosh without my chrome closing the tab INSTANTLY. the only way I can open crosh is using incognito tabs, my chromebook is personally owned so it cant be administration closing it, I have no idea how to fix this. Im in dev mode so i have no idea why it would be doing this, I cant install Ubuntu using the incognito tabs for some reason.

Michael Siejak

Dec 6, 2021, 8:07:23 PM12/6/21
to Mike Frysinger, lupis...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Discussion
You can always use a virtual terminal instead of going through crosh (Ctrl + alt + ->)

---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chromium-os-dis...@chromium.org.

Pirate

Dec 7, 2021, 7:30:20 PM12/7/21
to Chromium OS Discussion, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Discussion, Pirate
Its not in guest mode, regular log in, Crosh itself wont open, Chrome instantly closes any tab with the keyword "crosh" in it, I cannot access the terminal