.config file

Jingwen Ye

May 5, 2022, 11:07:48 AM5/5/22
to Chromium OS Development
Hi, everyone
After I ran the following command to modify the module of kernel config

./chromeos/scripts/kernelconfig editconfig

I want to find the difference between .config and .config.old but I cannot find where the .config is. I knew there are 3 config files for Chromium-x86_64 and the make command will combine 3 seperated configs into one config. After checked prepareconfig scripts I found where 3 seperated configs are (base/common/chromiumos.config), but still cannot find the combined version.

Brian Norris

May 5, 2022, 1:02:21 PM5/5/22
to Jingwen Ye, Chromium OS Development
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/docs/+/HEAD/kernel_development.md#Kernel-configuration
->

If you want to see the "generated" config (i.e., the combination of the pieces of the "split" config) you can run the "genconfig" subcommand.

Or you can run through a full kernel build and look for something like:
/build/${BOARD}/var/cache/portage/sys-kernel/chromeos-kernel-X_Y/.config

Brian