Next version of IDE?

Ted

Feb 16, 2023, 11:39:24 AM2/16/23
to ChromiumOS Development
Which Ubuntu version will be the IDE for cros_sdk officially?
20.04 LTS? 22.04.01 LTS? 22.04.05 LTS?
And when is it?

Mike Frysinger

Feb 16, 2023, 12:27:50 PM2/16/23
to Ted, ChromiumOS Development
it really doesn't matter.  just use a recent distro.

-mike

Bob Moragues

Feb 16, 2023, 8:52:50 PM2/16/23
to Mike Frysinger, Ted, ChromiumOS Development
Do we have any internal capabilities for verification of these environments?
EG: A "cloudtop" running standard Ubuntu with a non-googler login identity

---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chromium-os-d...@chromium.org.

Mike Frysinger

Feb 16, 2023, 10:35:09 PM2/16/23
to Bob Moragues, Ted, ChromiumOS Development
our builders don't run gLinux, nor do our partners.  so i imagine if things were broken, we'd know.

our host dependencies are designed to be fairly light -- it's why we have the hermetic SDK in the first place.
-mike

Bob Moragues

Feb 17, 2023, 2:55:11 PM2/17/23
to Mike Frysinger, Ted, ChromiumOS Development
As an SIE, I am often tasked to prove that our "Partner Builds" are operating properly.
Most often, it is a Partner Domain Account , permission, local_manifest or proxy issue.
It is sometimes hard to prove that we are working without recent test results.