Browser cookie data after exiting ChromeOS Kiosk (Enterprise device)

Shane Van Geel

May 23, 2024, 11:16:59 AMMay 23
to ChromiumOS Development
I am busy rewriting our existing kiosk app into a PWA. However, I encounter the following problem:

When a user starts the PWA app from the login screen, then logs in to a website and closes the PWA app, the next time the PWA app starts the user is still logged in to the website, we never had this with our Chrome app. I assumed that in any case, when closing a kiosk app, all associated cookies would also be deleted. I also don't see a kiosk setting regarding cookies anywhere in Google Workspace.

You would say, let the user log out themselves... that also happens, but they log out in our own web app, the users are also logged in to Office365 via SSO and those cookies should really not remain when you leave the kiosk.

1) User arrives at the logon page of our own application
2) User choose 'sign in with Microsoft'
3) After logging in, the user arrives at our own application
4) When the user is finished, he logs out of our own application
5) User leaves the kiosk (power button -> logout)
6) If the user now goes back to the app and chooses 'sign in with Microsoft', he will immediately enter our app, while we expect that he will first have to log in with Microsoft again.

Does anyone have specific advice, tips or experiences?

Shane Van Geel

May 23, 2024, 4:00:59 PMMay 23
to ChromiumOS Development, Shane Van Geel
Problem solved: I now ensure that when starting the Kiosk app, the browser data is first deleted by listening to chrome.tabs.oncreated and then using chrome.browsingData.remove in a background script in one of the loaded kiosk extensions.