touchscreen driver for chromeos

Ruidong Xu

Mar 6, 2023, 8:54:18 PM3/6/23
to ChromiumOS Development
Is there a dedicated touchscreen driver for chromeos? How do I get it?

Dmitry Torokhov

Mar 6, 2023, 9:10:31 PM3/6/23
to Ruidong Xu, ChromiumOS Development
There are kernel drivers that handle individual touch controllers, but once the data is converted to linux event stream (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evdev) it is consumed by Chrome. You probably want to start looking here: https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:ui/events/ozone/evdev/touch_event_converter_evdev.cc

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 5:54 PM 'Ruidong Xu' via ChromiumOS Development <chromiu...@chromium.org> wrote:
Is there a dedicated touchscreen driver for chromeos? How do I get it?

Ruidong Xu

Mar 7, 2023, 12:43:58 AM3/7/23
to ChromiumOS Development, Dmitry Torokhov, ChromiumOS Development, Ruidong Xu
Thank you very much for the ideas

Ruidong Xu

Mar 7, 2023, 1:24:33 AM3/7/23
to ChromiumOS Development, Dmitry Torokhov, ChromiumOS Development
Does chromeos support 20-point touch? If so, how do I get support?