Crosvm ARM64 cross compilation

Fipac Lorenzo

May 16, 2022, 10:32:01 AM5/16/22
to Chromium OS Development
Hello,

I'm currently trying to compile crosvm to run on Android (as it does in Pixel 13 beta) however, I am having some trouble with the compilation process, specifically Minijail.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having an issue with bindgen and Clang in that bindgen is unable to ldopen() libclang, even though I can manually verify that libclang is A. LD openable and B. present in the given directory.

I've attached the build error, if I could have some guidance on this that would be great.
build_error.txt

Daniel Verkamp

May 16, 2022, 3:57:34 PM5/16/22
to Fipac Lorenzo, Chromium OS Development
Hi,

I am not too familiar with the details of Android's build setup, but
you can check the Docker configuration used in the main crosvm
continuous integration tests here:
https://source.chromium.org/chromiumos/chromiumos/codesearch/+/main:src/platform/crosvm/tools/impl/dev_container/Dockerfile
- this includes a cross-compiled aarch64 build.

In particular, tools/install-deps pulls in libclang-dev, which
includes the /usr/lib/llvm-11/lib/libclang-11.so file that your build
seems to be missing (assuming you're using Debian as in our Docker
environment; similar packages probably exist for other distributions).

Thanks,
-- Daniel

Fipac Lorenzo

May 19, 2022, 4:05:59 AM5/19/22
to Chromium OS Development, dver...@chromium.org, Chromium OS Development, Fipac Lorenzo
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. The issue is, I am using this Docker container and am following the steps (including downloading dependencies) as outlined in the compilation guide. I can also manually verify that Clang is present.

Nonetheless, thanks for your assistance :)