crosvm can't been kill(always run in backgroud)!!!!!!

易格平

Oct 14, 2022, 11:37:53 PM10/14/22
to ChromiumOS Development
I find out the the crosvm is always run in backgrund and cost a lot menmory with thw crosh top and even when I close linux it's still running I need to remove the linux to kill it .So does that mean with linux in my chromebook that crosvm will always run in background?

my chromebook is lenovo c630
i5 8250u

Mike Frysinger

Nov 28, 2022, 8:16:08 AM11/28/22
to 易格平, ChromiumOS Development
if you want to stop it, right click the terminal and select "Shut down Linux".  or you can use `vmc` in crosh to stop the VM.
-mike

Joel Hockey

Nov 28, 2022, 3:35:00 PM11/28/22
to Mike Frysinger, 易格平, ChromiumOS Development
If uninstalling Linux makes crosvm go away, then it sounds like you should use Terminal > "Shut down Linux".

But be aware crosvm also runs for arcvm, and I don't believe there is any way to stop it.

It can be seen in crosh> top as "crosvm", and in Task Manager it shows as "Linux Virtual Machine: arcvm".  Clicking "End process" does nothing.

Allen Webb

Nov 28, 2022, 3:38:46 PM11/28/22
to Joel Hockey, Mike Frysinger, 易格平, ChromiumOS Development
If you can tolerate using guest mode, it runs without ARCVM so crosvm
won't be running in that case.