Enabling Dictation on ChromiumOS Device

Kevin Ho

Feb 27, 2024, 12:36:48 PMFeb 27
to ChromiumOS Development
I am currently working on trying to enable the accessibility feature Dictation on ChromiumOS. From my system settings, the toggle exists to turn it on and off, but when I toggle it on, nothing happens.

I believe this is an issue related to the SODA DLC being behind chrome_internal?

From the googlesource pages, I found these two lines:
1. Line where I can see that checkout_soda is set to "False" : https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/refs/heads/main/DEPS#135, and 2. Lines where I see that the package for SODA is set behind chrome_internal : https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/refs/heads/main/DEPS#4281 I am currently trying to build this on ChromiumOS R114, and am hoping someone can provide guidance for getting it to work on ChromiumOS