[PSA] Copyright/License Header Update

Alex Klein

May 17, 2022, 10:56:09 AM5/17/22
to Chromium OS Development
This CL for this bug will be submitted tomorrow, Wednesday, May 18. It updates the requirements for the copyright/license header for new files only in the ChromiumOS tree. Existing files do not need to be updated.

ChromiumOS must be used instead of Chromium OS, and the "All rights reserved." sentence must not be used. The first line containing the copyright is the only one affected, the license text below it is unchanged.

Old header:

// Copyright 2022 The Chromium OS Authors. All rights reserved.
// Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be
// found in the LICENSE file.

New header:

// Copyright 2022 The ChromiumOS Authors.
// Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be
// found in the LICENSE file.

On behalf of the CrOS Build Team,
Alex

David Riley

Jul 27, 2022, 3:12:14 PM7/27/22
to Alex Klein, Chromium OS Development

Alex Klein

Jul 28, 2022, 7:13:06 PM7/28/22
to David Riley, Chromium OS Development
Good catch, thanks David. I just put up CLs to update all the instances I could find in docs/, and started updating elsewhere, but I didn't get far before it was apparent it's more yak than I can shave right now myself. I'll happily stamp CLs anytime, though. Everyone please do update any old instances you run across!

Thanks,
Alex