Re: putting API keys onto a build of chromium

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 5:37:58 AM9/29/21
to Chromium-dev, owsley...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development

I don't know much about API keys, but the process seems to be documented. Have you tried following those instructions?

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 2:11:38 PM UTC-7 owsley...@gmail.com wrote:
i have the latest x64 build of chromium os but and i made a google project with all the API keys but i dont know how to get the API keys onto the build of Chromium os

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 10:06:36 AM9/29/21
to alex miranda, Chromium OS Development
(Moving chromium-dev@ to BCC)

OK, have you tried following the instructions for enabling developer mode, including the "Making Changes to the Filesystem" section? If so, what problem(s) did you encounter?

Harry Cutts
Chrome OS Touch/Input team

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 06:36, alex miranda <owsley...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have tried following it but I cant get root fs verification to be removed so I can do everything else

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 12:57:50 PM9/29/21
to alex miranda, Chromium-dev, Chromium OS Development
Hmm, what device are you working with?

Harry Cutts
Chrome OS Touch/Input team

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 09:55, alex miranda <owsley...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried turning on developer mode but I can get it in recovery mode because it does not recognise f3 as the refresh key

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 1:07:37 PM9/29/21
to alex miranda, Chromium-dev, Chromium OS Development
Ah, I see. Recovery mode is a feature of official Chrome OS devices only, so it wouldn't be applicable here. I'm not sure what the equivalent steps are for a non-Chrome OS device, but if you can get to a command prompt, you should be able to remove rootfs verification from there.

Harry Cutts
Chrome OS Touch/Input team

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 10:03, alex miranda <owsley...@gmail.com> wrote:
i am using a toshiba satalite laptop running chromium off of a thumb drive

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 1:28:23 PM9/29/21
to alex miranda, Chromium OS Development
(Putting chromium-os-dev@ back in, chromium-dev@ to BCC again)

OK, we've reached the limits of my knowledge here. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Harry Cutts
Chrome OS Touch/Input team

On Wed, 29 Sept 2021 at 10:17, alex miranda <owsley...@gmail.com> wrote:
i can get to a command prompt and input commands that work but neither /usr/share/vboot/bin/make_dev_ssd.sh --remove_rootfs_verification or the one it suggests in the command area work and it might be because I am running of of a USB drive and this command (/usr/sbin/chromeos-install --dst) does not work to install to my drive