"System" Storage

Keith I Myers

May 20, 2022, 2:48:30 PM5/20/22
to Chromium OS Development
Good Afternoon,
Can anyone explain how ChromeOS calculates the use of "System", I just swapped out the drive on my Chromebook with a new SSD and see that 641 GB of storage is already being used on a fresh re-install of ChromeOS.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 2.45.41 PM.png

Denny Lockhart

May 20, 2022, 4:46:42 PM5/20/22
to Chromium OS Development, keithiok...@gmail.com
We've been trying to get clarification on that for some time now.
The below crbug issue below was filed on Aug 5, 2020, but is still 'Assigned (Open)':

Maybe the chromeOS team can shed a little more light on it and comment in that crbug.

~DennyL

Keith I Myers

May 20, 2022, 5:41:51 PM5/20/22
to Denny Lockhart, Chromium OS Development
Thanks, I just stared it so I can keep a eye on it.

Jeremie Boulic

May 23, 2022, 1:52:14 AM5/23/22
to Chromium OS Development, keithiok...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development, Denny Lockhart
Hi,

Hopefully that's a helpful example for us to make progress on this issue.

Kind regards,
Jeremie

Summer Wang

May 23, 2022, 4:56:14 PM5/23/22