Re: How to provide an appropriate kernel when building ChromiumOS

Harry Cutts

Aug 16, 2021, 1:17:07 PM8/16/21
to Chromium-dev, colin.willi...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development
+chromium-os-dev@

On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 2:57:06 PM UTC-7 colin.willi...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I recently completed a build and wrote the image to my bootable media. The image didn't boot but I suspect that my build system kernel was provided instead of a kernel specific to my board.

During build packages I saw a mention that a kernel wasn't included.

During building a diskimage / cros flash I noticed the output :

* Linux kernel version: 5.10.0-3-amd64

Which happens to be the build system kernel. Then I think my device isn't booting due to using the wrong kernel architecture. So how do I provide an appropriate kernel?

Preferably one that's preconfigured if available.

Colin Williams

Aug 16, 2021, 1:52:15 PM8/16/21
to Chromium OS Development, hcu...@chromium.org, Colin Williams, Chromium OS Development, Chromium-dev
If there are moderators in these groups please feel free to remove this post. This has been resolved by a post that was placed directly to Cros-dev many days ago. There was some confusion after following the developer guide. The guide tells us to create API keys, then in a linked page we need to sign up for the Chromium-dev google group. Then I made an incorrect assumption that chromium-dev was the place for cros-dev questions. It looks like I might not be the only one who has made this mistake: https://groups.google.com/u/1/a/chromium.org/g/chromium-os-dev/c/mDVzYm4R-b4