What about the nested KVM for nami devices? Should we wait the new kernel?

Artyom Pozharov

Oct 13, 2021, 4:24:23 PM10/13/21
to Chromium OS Development
Now I am using Windows on my Chromebook, because I need full MS Office package. If untrusted VMs are acceptable in M* release, I will come back to the stock Chrome in the near future. Thanks in advance!

dragon788

Oct 14, 2021, 9:33:16 AM10/14/21
to Artyom Pozharov, Chromium OS Development
I believe the nested KVM `/dev/kvm` in Crostini requires a HOST device kernel of 4.19 or higher. Historically Google hasn't bumped the kernel for a device once they've shipped, though once or twice it has happened (and they regularly test kernel-next branches on some machines).