EC recovery issue

91 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Kyungtae Kim

belum dibaca,
2 Okt 2022, 10.20.2202/10/22
kepadaChromiumOS Development
Hello,

I'm struggling to recover my Chrombook ACER spin 713 (codename: voxel).
My chromebook got stuck and doesn't show anything after flashing an EC rom that doesn't seem to work properly.

To recover, I connected to a Linux host machine with suzyq, and tried to flash clean EC firmware from the host machine. But "no XML overlay for board voxel" error arose. When I used its boardname "volteer" instead of codename "voxel", it shows "host/device sync failed" error.

Worse, after I accidentally reset EC using "F3/ + power" keys, it does not even allow me to issue any commands via /dev/ttyUSB2.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks,
Kyungtae

Kyungtae Kim

belum dibaca,
5 Okt 2022, 11.13.3305/10/22
kepadaChromiumOS Development, Kyungtae Kim
I share the log messages here.

~/chromiumos/src/scripts $ flash_ec --board=voxel --image=../platform/ec/build/voxel/ec.bin
INFO: Using ccd_cr50.
INFO: Using ec image : ../platform/ec/build/voxel/ec.bin
INFO: Flashing chip npcx_uut.
INFO: Using NPCX image : ../platform/ec/build/voxel/chip/npcx/spiflashfw/npcx_monitor.bin
INFO: Using: NPCX UART Update Tool
INFO: ec UART pty : /dev/pts/3
INFO: Using CCD uut.
INFO: Using CCD uut.
INFO: Loading monitor binary.
Port /dev/pts/3 Opened
Performing a Host/Device synchronization check...
Host/Device synchronization failed, error = 2, fail count = 1
Host/Device synchronization failed, error = 2, fail count = 2
Host/Device synchronization failed, error = 2, fail count = 3
ERROR: Failed to load monitor binary.
INFO: Restoring servo settings...

Sage, Russ

belum dibaca,
5 Okt 2022, 17.56.2105/10/22
kepadaKyungtae Kim, ChromiumOS Development

Voxel is the model, volteer is the board

Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis
Teruskan
0 pesan baru