Noto fonts package not up to date

Joop Kiefte (LaPingvino)

Jan 18, 2024, 12:50:45 PMJan 18
to ChromiumOS Development
Hello everyone,

I already filed this as an issue here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1494620&q=&can=4 but it doesn't seem to get any attention, and it looks to me there are some pipeline issues...

I also created an issue Google-wide here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/289759016?pli=1 and for Android specific here https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/299596690 in case people on this list inside Google feel inspired to track down the full extent of the issue.

So it seems like ChromiumOS specifically relies on Gentoo packages for updating the noto fonts. However, the name changed at Gentoo's side, so if that is the case no updates might be picked up.

Also, the Noto Fonts github repository changed their way of distribution so even if parts of Google's infrastructure don't use the Gentoo packaging, they might still need to change their source of updates to https://notofonts.github.io/ and the notofonts.github.io website github repository instead of the old repository not for the website.

I would love to hear it too if I'm wrong about how these updates are supposed to work, e.g. if there is a release schedule being followed to update these things manually and it just didn't get to that yet.

Best regards,

Joop Kiefte

Mike Frysinger

Jan 18, 2024, 2:14:05 PMJan 18
to Joop Kiefte (LaPingvino), ChromiumOS Development, Sean, oshima, sgab...@chromium.org
[ +current CrOS font maintainers ]

CrOS doesn't use crbug.com, so no one would really see bugs there.  you need to use issuetracker instead.

monorail also has a problem where if you don't add a component, basically no one will ever triage it.  issuetracker is sometimes better, but it too has a lot of blackholes.  unfortunately, i don't think anyone is looking into this.
-mike

Joop Kiefte

Jan 18, 2024, 2:17:26 PMJan 18
to vap...@chromium.org, chromiu...@chromium.org, sk...@chromium.org, osh...@chromium.org, sgab...@chromium.org
Yeah, I was already afraid of that. Unfortunately I don't have any rights to assign components... so I cannot fix this. Hopefully anyone from your side can fix those practical issues so the corrections can get running xD.