DHCP and DNS server on Chrome OS

Paulina Ugalde

Oct 26, 2021, 1:18:29 AM10/26/21
to Chromium OS Development
Hi! I'm trying to do a DNS and DHCP server on Chrome Os, but I haven't found any information, I tried to install Linux using crouton and typed some commands but nothing happened, I wonder if any of you could help me please:(

Mike Frysinger

Oct 26, 2021, 1:24:07 AM10/26/21
to Paulina Ugalde, Chromium OS Development
if you want to run a DNS & DHCP server on your Chromebook to service a local network, then Crouton is probably the best option.  but at that point, you're just running a generic Linux distro, so you prob want to seek advice from whichever distro you're using since it's not specific to CrOS at that point.

personally, i'd just recommend dnsmasq.  it provides a one-stop shop for what most people want (a local recursive DNS cache & DHCP server).
-mike

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 1:18 AM Paulina Ugalde <paulina...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! I'm trying to do a DNS and DHCP server on Chrome Os, but I haven't found any information, I tried to install Linux using crouton and typed some commands but nothing happened, I wonder if any of you could help me please:(

Paulina Ugalde

Oct 26, 2021, 12:44:49 PM10/26/21
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, Paulina Ugalde
Thank you very much for your recommendation, I'm trying to do the dnsmasq configuration with this video https://youtu.be/1K9Tky4CMcY but it seems like I have an error in the host since it didn't recognize it, I don't know which or where is my problem, I have installed ChromeOS on VMware through FydeOs, it this can be my problem? What could I do?