the correct way to develop chromium OS

Yang L

Sep 28, 2021, 11:50:20 PM9/28/21
to Chromium OS Development
Hi developer,
I have read the development guide and still confused about the development workflow. For example, my development environment is a Neovim + Clangd LSP server and I want to know how the update engine works, I git  clone the code, but it can't build update engine  standalone . So it's hard to read the source code. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. So can you tell me the correct way to write chromium OS code like normal software. And the appropriate development environment and tools.
Thanks

Harry Cutts

Sep 29, 2021, 2:51:38 PM9/29/21
to Chromium OS Development, ganyme...@gmail.com
The Developer Guide is a good place to get started; it'll walk you through getting all the code and setting up the build environment.