Re: Debugging logs in chromium OS

Harry Cutts

Sep 23, 2020, 5:31:33 AM9/23/20
to Chromium-dev, varsh...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development, Hsinyu Chao
+chromium-os-dev, the mailing list for Chromium OS. (This list is for the browser only.)

/var/log/ui and /var/log/chrome only contain logs from the Chromium binary itself, so you won't find logs from CRAS there. Maybe +Hsinyu Chao would know where to find them.

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 6:54:03 PM UTC+1 varsh...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to add debugging logs in chromium OS. I am working on chromium OS booted through USB stick.
I have added some custom logs in many files, but to name a few eq2.c, drc.c, cras_dsp_pipeline.c , audio_thread.c.
I have referred below link to capture logs:
https://chromiI found rum.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/master/docs/chrome_os_logging.md.

I have captured these files while playing a music track from the browser :
/var/log/ui/ui.LATEST,
/var/log/chrome/chrome,
/var/log/messages

But I could not see any of my custom logs in these files.

1. Where can I find my logs? Is there any method to capture audio logs (audio daemon logs/CRAS)?
2. As we have ADB in android which helps us to get logs, is there any such provision in Chromium which can provide the platform/OS logs?

Please provide some inputs for the same.
Thanks for bearing with a newbie to chromium OS.

Regards,
Varsha

王伟东

Apr 27, 2023, 3:33:18 AM4/27/23
to ChromiumOS Development, Harry Cutts, varsh...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development, Hsinyu Chao, Chromium-dev

Hi all,
I met the same problem. Did you solve it at last?
Best regards,
Weidong Wang