Installing linux on a chromebook (last step)

Taoufik Taou

Nov 22, 2023, 10:40:50 PM11/22/23
to ChromiumOS Development
Hello everyone,

I hope this post find you well,

first of all, I am new to chromebook, recently I got one, and I needed to install Lubuntu on it, with lot of research, I managed to get to the last steps, I used chrx, everything went well, but when I am on dev mode screen and try the ctrl + L command to boot Lubuntu, I get the message :

Press a numeric key to select an alternative bootloader
2 TianoCore               TianoCore bootloader

I tried the "2" button on the keyboard, it didn't work, I also plugged an external keyboard but it didn't work too, I still have access to chromeOS by cntrl + D commande.

I would like to solve this problem, I welcome any suggestion or comment, feel free to ask about any other details.

Thank you for your time.

Device informations :
  • Hardware ID : BOBBA260
  • Model            : Acer Chromebook Spin 311 (CP311), Spin 511 (R752T, R752TN)
  • Released       : 2019
  • CPU Family   : Intel Gemini Lake
A picture of the screen :
1700684237773.jpg

MYSTERIO

Mar 1, 2024, 8:00:14 PMMar 1
to ChromiumOS Development, Taoufik Taou
I suggest you to don't try anything that may remove or damage the installed ChromeOS as it will void your warranty.
Rather Open Chrome OS, install the Linux Development Environment from the settings Menu in Advanced->Developer->Linux, in the Linux container you can install major of the apps including Wine,Virtual Box etc.. and it will run well.

Oliver Anderson

Mar 12, 2024, 12:47:08 PMMar 12
to ChromiumOS Development, Taoufik Taou
you could maybe try pressing 1.