Will we migrate ChromeOS to the Chromium issue tracker?

Reilly Grant

Apr 9, 2024, 12:45:12 PMApr 9
to chromium-os-dev
Now that Chrome has also moved off Monorail are there any plans to merge ChromeOS issue tracking back into the Chromium issue tracker?
Reilly Grant | Software Engineer | rei...@chromium.org | Google Chrome

James Hawkins

Apr 11, 2024, 8:30:28 PMApr 11
to Reilly Grant, chromium-os-dev
Caveat: I am not at all involved in discussions or decisions related to your question, but in general I would be surprised if that happened given the current push to further separate development processes (and code where possible) between browser and OS.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 9:45 AM Reilly Grant <rei...@chromium.org> wrote:
Now that Chrome has also moved off Monorail are there any plans to merge ChromeOS issue tracking back into the Chromium issue tracker?
Reilly Grant | Software Engineer | rei...@chromium.org | Google Chrome

Allen Webb

Apr 12, 2024, 11:58:23 AMApr 12
to James Hawkins, Reilly Grant, chromium-os-dev
I think a migration like that would need good justification/reasoning---i.e. the benefits of doing so would need to justify the additional effort needed to do the migration.