gclient sync failing.

Dave Mielke

Mar 11, 2021, 4:20:16 PM3/11/21
to Chromium OS Development
I'd appreciate some advice on what I might be doing wrong, how I can get passed this problem, etc.

gclient sync was working just fine until I added my Pixelbook Go's board to .gclient:

"custom_vars": {
"cros_boards": "atlas"
},

The whole log is attached (as sync.log). The actual errors seems to be:

WARNING: GS_ERROR: b'ServiceException: 401 Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.\n'
ERROR: Cannot find SDK for atlas-full with version 13828.0.0 from its builder: http://cros-goldeneye/chromeos/legoland/builderHistory?buildConfig=atlas-full

Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Da...@Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada K2A 1H7 |
sync.log

Mike Frysinger

Mar 11, 2021, 7:03:28 PM3/11/21
to Dave Mielke, Chromium OS Development
there are no public sdk's available for boards like atlas.  stick to amd64-generic.  there's really never a reason to use a specific board in the first place for people building Chromium.
-mike

ggg

Mar 12, 2021, 2:13:51 PM3/12/21
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, dave.a...@gmail.com

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:03:28 AM UTC Mike Frysinger wrote:
there's really never a reason to use a specific board in the first place for people building Chromium.

While true in general, for atlas, audio driver configuration is one reason to use a board specific build. Bug has been open since May 2020 to fix audio in the public "atlas" build. Our Audio team is a bit overwhelmed with work for the past year (backports, SOF, etc).

cheers,
grant

Mike Frysinger

Mar 12, 2021, 3:21:54 PM3/12/21
to ggg, Chromium OS Development, dave.a...@gmail.com
those settings are for the OS, not the browser. building chromium against an atlas sysroot wouldn't install the firmware files. am I misunderstanding something?
-mike

ggg

Mar 13, 2021, 12:58:20 AM3/13/21
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, dave.a...@gmail.com, ggg
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 8:21:54 PM UTC Mike Frysinger wrote:
those settings are for the OS, not the browser. building chromium against an atlas sysroot wouldn't install the firmware files. am I misunderstanding something?

You've got it right. I missed that the OP was building chromium since this was posted to "chromium-os-dev" mailing list.

cheers,
grant