Re: [chromium-dev] USE flag / define identifying 4 GB boards?

Mike Frysinger

Mar 4, 2021, 6:28:47 PM3/4/21
to Yves Arrouye, chromium-os-dev
[ chromium-dev -> chromium-os-dev ]

by design, there is no such flag.  you will need to select the set of boards manually to deploy to.
-mike

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 4:22 PM Yves Arrouye <drc...@chromium.org> wrote:
We're looking at a feature that we only want to include on 4GB boards, and I think someone has done that before. Are there USE flags or defines we can rely on to identify such boards? Or 2GB boards, since really we want to exclude those.

YA

Yves Arrouye

Mar 4, 2021, 7:47:04 PM3/4/21
to Bernie Thompson, Mike Frysinger, chromium-os-dev
Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021, 16:27 Bernie Thompson <bhtho...@google.com> wrote:
Also note that almost all boards at least have a 4GB SKU available, so you might find that everything gets excluded with a USE flag approach, this might be best decided at run time.

-Bernie

Sonny Rao

Mar 4, 2021, 7:52:46 PM3/4/21
to Yves Arrouye, Bernie Thompson, Mike Frysinger, chromium-os-dev
Also -- a "board" (even before unibuilds) almost always encompases more than one SKU - so usually within a given board there could be machines that have 2 or 4 or 8 or more GB of memory.
You will probably need to detect this at runtime to make this feature work properly.

---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chromium-os-d...@chromium.org.

Mike Frysinger

Mar 4, 2021, 8:19:14 PM3/4/21
to Yves Arrouye, Bernie Thompson, chromium-os-dev, Sonny Rao
Yves: were you referring to RAM or rootfs size ?
-mike

Yves Arrouye

Mar 5, 2021, 2:52:18 PM3/5/21
to Mike Frysinger, Bernie Thompson, chromium-os-dev, Sonny Rao
I was referring to roots, sorry I wasn't clear.

Yves Arrouye

Mar 5, 2021, 2:52:48 PM3/5/21
to Mike Frysinger, Bernie Thompson, chromium-os-dev, Sonny Rao
Err phones! Rootfs as in root filesystem.

Bernie Thompson

Mar 5, 2021, 7:34:05 PM3/5/21
to Yves Arrouye, Mike Frysinger, chromium-os-dev, Sonny Rao
That is something one should be able to detect at build time, though I don't believe there are any USE flags or similar for it, this may require making a board list like Mike suggests, unless there is some way of probing what the expected disk_layout.json will be, but that might be a bit hacky.

-Bernie

Mike Frysinger

Mar 5, 2021, 9:08:37 PM3/5/21
to Bernie Thompson, Yves Arrouye, chromium-os-dev, Sonny Rao
please don't attempt to inspect the disk layout from packages ;)
-mike