HP Chromebook 13 G1 Crostini (Linux) support

DmitriS

Nov 8, 2020, 4:51:37 PM11/8/20
to Chromium OS Development
Hello team,

Could you please clarify is there any progress in kernel-next project and Crostini support for HP Chromebook 13 G1? This device has an outstanding characteristics and updates support until June 2023.
Thank you for your responce.

Best regards,
DmitriS.

DmitriS

Nov 8, 2020, 5:02:48 PM11/8/20
to Chromium OS Development

HP Chromebook 13 G1 it's Skylake Chell platform device.
понедельник, 9 ноября 2020 г. в 00:51:37 UTC+3, DmitriS:

Mike Frysinger

Nov 13, 2020, 4:59:58 PM11/13/20
to DmitriS, Chromium OS Development
it's still being worked on.  some regressions have been identified, so we don't want to push it to stable until they're resolved.  i don't know if we have an estimated timeline beyond "when regressions stop being reported by users".
-mike

Artyom Pozharov

Nov 13, 2020, 5:07:58 PM11/13/20
to Mike Frysinger, DmitriS, Chromium OS Development
As I understand you're working to update Chrome OS kernel to run VM. Am I right?

пт, 13 нояб. 2020 г. в 23:59, Mike Frysinger <vap...@chromium.org>:
---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chromium-os-d...@chromium.org.

DmitriS

Nov 13, 2020, 5:13:53 PM11/13/20
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, DmitriS
Thank you for your reply Mike,

It is obvious that this feature isn't ready for stable release but is there a chance to get it e.g. on the DEV channel or just to become a part of the community who has an opportunity to try out kernel-next and Crostini on this device?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
DmitriS

суббота, 14 ноября 2020 г. в 00:59:58 UTC+3, Mike Frysinger:

DmitriS

Feb 2, 2021, 10:08:35 AM2/2/21
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, DmitriS
Hello guys, how are you? Are there any updates concerning kernel update and Crostini (Linux) support on Skylake (particularly Chell) devices?

суббота, 14 ноября 2020 г. в 00:59:58 UTC+3, Mike Frysinger:
it's still being worked on.  some regressions have been identified, so we don't want to push it to stable until they're resolved.  i don't know if we have an estimated timeline beyond "when regressions stop being reported by users".
-mike

DmitriS

Feb 4, 2021, 1:01:41 PM2/4/21
to Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development, DmitriS
Hello team, maybe there is an approximate implementation date of kernel-next update and Crostini (Linux) support on Skylake (particularly Chell) devices?

суббота, 14 ноября 2020 г. в 00:59:58 UTC+3, Mike Frysinger:
it's still being worked on.  some regressions have been identified, so we don't want to push it to stable until they're resolved.  i don't know if we have an estimated timeline beyond "when regressions stop being reported by users".
-mike

DmitriS

Mar 21, 2021, 12:28:08 PM3/21/21
to Chromium OS Development, DmitriS, Mike Frysinger, Chromium OS Development
Hello everybody,

The question is still actual, could you provide some relevant information please?

Best regards,
DmitriS

четверг, 4 февраля 2021 г. в 21:01:41 UTC+3, DmitriS:

Vincent Palatin

Mar 22, 2021, 3:51:20 AM3/22/21
to DmitriS, Chromium OS Development, Mike Frysinger
On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 5:28 PM DmitriS <dmitri.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The question is still actual, could you provide some relevant information please?
>
> Best regards,
> DmitriS
>
> четверг, 4 февраля 2021 г. в 21:01:41 UTC+3, DmitriS:
>>
>> Hello team, maybe there is an approximate implementation date of kernel-next update and Crostini (Linux) support on Skylake (particularly Chell) devices?

For kernelnext, seems to be progressing well on Chell:
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/overlays/board-overlays/+/2736522
this landed in 13841.0.0 (so R91), but as you see there, there is also
a revert opened: crrev.com/c/2752418 due to a stability issue, I would
track it.

DmitriS

Mar 22, 2021, 12:43:13 PM3/22/21
to Chromium OS Development, Vincent Palatin, DmitriS
Thank you very much, Vincent for your prompt and informative reply!

I have just noticed that Chromebook already got a new 4.19 kernel so now I can be sure that we will see Crostini at Chell soon.
Thank you again and have a nice day!

Best regards,
DmitriS.

понедельник, 22 марта 2021 г. в 10:51:20 UTC+3, Vincent Palatin: