ChromeOS update locked to v 119

Gianluca Cavallo

Dec 29, 2023, 6:05:20 AM12/29/23
to ChromiumOS Development
Hi,
Why do the ChromeOS blooguard updates are locked to v119 considering that the actual chromeOS release is v121 ?

Thanks

Denny Lockhart

Dec 29, 2023, 10:24:22 AM12/29/23
to ChromiumOS Development, Gianluca Cavallo
Not sure what you mean by that, v119 is the stable channel version for most devices currently, v121 is the dev channel version for most also.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 10.20.20 AM.png

For reference see:

~DennyL

Gianluca Cavallo

Jan 1, 2024, 7:08:32 PMJan 1
to Denny Lockhart, ChromiumOS Development
I thought that Chrome Browser version and ChromeOS version were the same thing.
Actually the windows chrome browser version is at v 120 and so I thought that the chromeOS version shoud reach the same.

Thanks for your answer

Mike Frysinger

Jan 2, 2024, 2:12:11 PMJan 2
to Gianluca Cavallo, Denny Lockhart, ChromiumOS Development
Chrome just pushed 120 to stable in mid-Dec.  CrOS tends to lag a little bit from Chrome as we have more testing to get through.  you can see the schedule for both:

CrOS 120 is slated to go stable this week.
-mike