When will ChromeOS ARM64 Userspace images release?

The Official GMan

Jan 9, 2023, 2:07:40 PM1/9/23
to ChromiumOS Development
chromium CI build waterfall already shows ARM64 as a chromium.chromiumos builder as well under lacros and release builds https://ci.chromium.org/p/chromium/g/main/console the CI was first added for chromeos-arm64-generic-rel on March 8th of last year.

the following platforms already have build configs ready for chromeOS ARM64 userspace:
cherry (unreleased, has a MediaTek MT8195), corsola (unreleased, has a MediaTek MT8186), jacuzzi (multiple HP chromebooks), kevin (Samsung Chromebook Plus), trogdor (Acer Chromebook Spin 513 and Acer Chromebook 511).

when will chromeOS recovery images and laptops start shipping with ARM64 userspace for these devices?

Doug Anderson

Jan 12, 2023, 8:11:12 PM1/12/23
to The Official GMan, ChromiumOS Development
Hi,

FWIW, I just updated my lazor device (Qualcomm version of Acer Chromebook Spin 513) that's on beta channel and it has arm64 userspace. ;-) I don't think it's made it anywhere else yet, though. Also note that, until a change like this makes it to the stable channel it's always possible it will be undone.

-Doug