OS Verification is off, but..

Denise Evans

Sep 20, 2021, 10:33:53 AM9/20/21
to Chromium OS Development
..I can't change it to "on" because when the screen pops up with the message of the OS Verification is Off, there is a black w/white text message in top left that doesn't stay on long enough for me to read.  The CB also beeps twice, loudly, then moves on to open up.

I had it in developer mode so imagine it's caused by that, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the black, text message so I can click the "space" bar, then "enter" to get me out of DM mode.

Can someone help me with this?  I do understand that it will Powerwash my CB but that's ok, I am fine with that.  Thanks in advance for any help :)

Denny Lockhart

Sep 20, 2021, 11:07:33 AM9/20/21
to Chromium OS Development, Denise Evans
If you are still in Developer mode and have 'shell' access then try this method:

> If you want to leave Developer mode programmatically, you can run the following from a root shell:

Michael Siejak

Sep 20, 2021, 11:26:54 AM9/20/21
to Denny Lockhart, Chromium OS Development, Denise Evans
You can reinstall the os

Denny Lockhart

Sep 20, 2021, 11:30:31 AM9/20/21
to Chromium OS Development, msie...@gmail.com, Chromium OS Development, Denise Evans, Denny Lockhart
Reinstalling the OS, doing a full recovery, does not affect Developer mode.
If you're in Developer mode when you do a recovery you'll still be in Developer mode after the recovery.